Hardscaping features anchor your outdoor space, bringing stability, functionality, and a certain ‘wow’ factor when combined with gorgeous greenery.
Quality hardscaping can help you create a beautiful outdoor space that will serve a purpose and provide enjoyment for years to come. You can transform your backyard into a custom extension of your home with retaining walls, patios, water features, and other concrete structures.
If you’re considering installing hardscaping on your property, take time to research common pitfalls and find out how to hire a high-quality hardscaping professional. When hiring a hardscaping service in Southern California, it’s important to find an ICPI certified hardscape installer.
What is ICPI Certification?
As with any field of expertise, the hardscaping industry has certification standards.
“For contractors involved in the residential and commercial installation of interlocking concrete pavements, the ICPI Certified Concrete Paver Installer is THE industry recognized status for the professionals committed to industry guidelines for segmental concrete pavement installation,” explains the Interlocking Concrete Pavement Institute (ICPI).
Yes, to ensure the best results for your hardscaping project, hiring an ICPI Certified Concrete Paver Installer is key.
To acquire ICPI concrete paver certification, a professional hardscaping must:
- Complete a technical course in concrete paving installation.
- Score 75% or higher on the final exam.
- Apply for the certificate, including a log of experience with no less than five projects and 10,000 square feet of installation completed.
The ICPI certification is a mark of dedication, knowledge, and expertise amongst LA hardscaping professionals.
Professional Paving Standards
For true hardscaping experts, self-taught techniques are not enough. Certified concrete paver installers have formal education on best practices in the hardscaping industry.
The Interlocking Concrete Pavement Institute provides technical resources to help professionals access continued education on modern hardscaping methods.
Professional hardscapers work hard to keep up with industry standards and maintain a thorough understanding of interlocking concrete paver installation.
Why Hire Certified Hardscapers?
While laying down concrete pavers for a patio may appear to be a simple project, there’s a lot more to it than putting rocks on the ground.
Here are just a few reasons why hiring a pro hardscaping service is worth it:
- Hardscaping is tough. – Working with segmental concrete pavers is not easy. Installing a patio, driveway, walkway, or retaining wall requires a lot of heavy lifting.
- Hardscaping requires technical skills. – To achieve a beautiful, neat design that will stand the test of time in an outdoor environment, a successful paving project requires professional skill.
- Hardscaping calls for pro tools. – A professional paving team will have the specialty tools and equipment necessary to get the job done right.
- Hardscaping takes planning. – When done improperly, hardscaping can detract from your property and even cause safety hazards. To prevent cracking, uneven pavers, shifting, and drainage issues, you need professional planning for your patio project.
Avoid the headache of miscalculations and sub-par results associated with DIY hardscaping and budget hardscape services. Opt for hiring a professional hardscaping company.
The certified hardscaping professionals at Design Scapes, Inc. have the creativity, skill, tools, and know-how it takes to lay pavers that will last. Our experience on a wide variety of projects in the past prepares us to tackle yours. We have a tried and true understanding of installing hardscaping safely and delivering a durable, stunning result.
Hardscape Design Company- Southern California
Design Scapes, Inc. can help develop your backyard dream into a reality. As an award-winning landscaping and hardscaping company in Culvery City, we can take any project from its training wheel stages to the finished product.
Our professionally certified team has transformed the outdoor space of many LA homeowners into beautiful, livable space. With ICPI certified paver installation, you can trust your hardscaping will be done right.
Contact us to schedule your consultation. Our designers will get to work, turning your backyard into a magazine-worthy scene.